Saturday, January 23, 2016

Devotional Saturday

A quiet Saturday at home - my partner is away on a retreat and I have spent today (Saturday) on housework this morning and writing my sermon for tomorrow this afternoon. Thom came back early this afternoon from his mother's so I now have him with me this evening.  Had hoped for a quiet evening too - still there is plenty of room in this house to find a quiet spot. Currently working in the study reading my devotionals - the story of Joseph in particular. Received the news last night that my uncle in Norfolk had died after a short illness.  He reached the age of 88, three years more than my grandfather, and did not suffer - dying very peacefully.  I received the news driving back from a meeting and fish supper in Swindon.  Not sure yet when the funeral will be but hope we can make it despite holidays pending.  Nice not to have to go out anywhere this evening. A film and a light supper beckon.  Looking forward to preaching again tomorrow to a lovely congregation.  Trying also to get to grips with learning the language of bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment