Monday, November 23, 2015

Into the Sunny Uplands


During the Second World War, Winston Churchill, at the darkest and loneliest period for Britain, announced that the winning of the Battle of Britain would bring the country from out of the dark valleys of despondency back into the bright sunny uplands. Since my last post in May 2014 I have been walking through a dark shadowy valley like that described in Psalm 23, but like the psalmist, I have kept faith with God throughout and he has brought me into the sunny uplands as described by my great political hero, Churchill. I have felt I have been in a dark tunnel but that, like so many railway tunnels, there are tracks which will eventually lead you out provided you have the courage and resolve to keep on them.  For the past 10 months I have been seeing the glimmer of light at the end of that tunnel grow lighter and lighter and now, ironically in these colder days of November, I can feel the warmth of those sunny uplands as I emerge from out of that dark tunnel. The future looks bright (not necessarily "orange" as the advert went) and as I write this in my new home at Old Sarum, I am feeling very optimistic about 2016 and the exciting times and events which it will bring. It is most important, though, that I continue to walk along those tracks put down by God to lead me to the destination he has set for me.

I would like to thank all my friends and family and followers for their kind support during these "tunnel months" and look forward to writing this blog regularly again  for their benefit and especially the benefit of my children who can read of my happier times (I have purposefully not blogged during these last dark months). In particular, I have to give especial thanks to my new and beloved partner, Liz, for the faith and support and love she has shown to me during 2015. I look forward to us walking along the tracks ahead together into that bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment