Thursday, December 03, 2015

Darkness into Light



Well we are into December - how this year has flown.  Much to reflect on when we reach New Year's Eve but so far I think I can say that 2015 has been a year of significant consolidation following the upheaval of 2014 and, now that I am living in my own property with my children staying frequently, life is so much better. I am really looking forward to 2016 which I believe will be an even more wonderful year.

This week has been relatively quiet - more Christmas shopping (a lovely walk around Salisbury's Christmas Market on Saturday), lunch also that day at Anokaa's Indian Restaurant with an old Friends colleague, Anthony, when he met Liz for the first time, and finally that day we attended the magnificent Darkness into Light Advent Procession Service in the cathedral.  On Sunday, after a family lunch at the Radnor Arms, Liz and I joined Penny Joyce and the Christian Community here at Old Sarum when we had tea in the Community Centre and discussed ideas for more Christian Events here.  A quiet evening in followed.

So far this week I've cycled into Salisbury a couple of times for more Christmas Shopping, and also visited my old Dorking office to meet up with old colleagues at a retirement do for one of them, Lynda. They will all be leaving Friends/Aviva at the end of the year. I painted a water colour from one of the photos we took up in the Lake District earlier this year and gave it to Lynda as a retirement present together with an artist's kit for her to try her hand at painting herself in retirement.  She seemed extremely pleased. I have started writing and painting again which is a sure sign that my dark days are over. Looking forward to going up to Humberside to see Mum and bring Thom back next week.  Still a few presents to buy and all to wrap before the trip.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete