Friday, January 30, 2009

Mersey Beat



Up early at 6.30 am. and down for another excellent breakfast of Manx kippers. After checking out of the Sefton Hotel, Pete and I drove into Castletown where I had a whole series of fresh meetings punctuated by telephone calls and e-mails from the UK. Lunch was a quick toasted cheese sandwich with Andrew from our Manchester office - we have an uncanny knack of bumping into each other time and time again at different locations - Dorking, Salisbury, Exeter, London and now Castletown. The weather on the island was wet and very windy and I feared that there might be some significant delay with my flight back to Liverpool. I needn't have worried for although the flight was a little delayed arriving we left promptly and arrived in Liverpool on time at 5.10 p.m. After stopping at Tesco's to purchase my "rent" currency of a bottle of decent Scotch whisky, I arrived at Malcolm's just after he had got in himself from Manchester. I admired his new black Gors and Kalmann piano which I enjoyed playing - some tunes from his tutoring book and some hymn tunes etc. by ear. It was then off to the Gulshan Indian restaurant on Aigburth Road - a favourite of Malcolm's and Sam's (Tom fell asleep last time we were there). We enjoyed a meal for two (shared by the three of us it was just the right amount each - the second Indian meal for me in two days!) ) and then back to the flat for more piano music, whisky and to write this blog. An early start tomorrow for the drive down to Southampton to see Saints do battle with a good performing Swansea City.

No comments:

Post a Comment