Thursday, January 15, 2009

In Quires and Places


Another day in Salisbury today and quite a long one too - more back to back meetings, teleconferences and drafting. An eleven hour working day with no break. Back home at 7.15 p.m. and just enough time to prepare for our church house group which I lead. A really good lively discussion on how we, as Christians, can make the world (well at least Winterslow) a better place.

Quite a special day for our daughter Mary today too. She attended her first choir practice this evening having decided to join All Saints choir on Sunday. I thoroughly support her in this as I was, myself, head chorister of my church in Grimsby back in the sixties. I am hoping that it will engender a real interest in music and I am also trying to encourage her to play the piano although she insists upon playing "chopsticks" rather than trying to follow the "dots" on the music page. It will be a real thrill to teach her some music if she gets the bug! Back to Dorking tomorrow with the Alpha Supper in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment