Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the Dentist's Chair


No commuting to Dorking today as I had several "back to back" meetings in our Salisbury office which is only 8 miles from home. A very full and productive day with more legal drafting and a working lunch with our claims manager. The day didn't start off too well though - with a visit to the dentist for a checkup resulting in an announcement that I need to have a filling replaced - the date of this operation to be 3rd February so I have a little time to get wound up about it! I guess that I am lucky in having an NHS dentist so close to home as I often hear horror stories of how people have to scour the country - even going abroad to Poland - to get their "hampsteads" seen too. This evening I swapped my "lawyer's wig" for the ubiquitous "chauffeur's hat" to drive Tom to his football practice which now takes place in a huge aircraft hangar on Sarum Airfield. As the U-12 Clarendon Junior FC's Admin. Manager -well you didn't expect me to be the Coach did you? - I had the job of handing out subscription demands to all the kids and those parents who attended. The hangar was like a huge fridge so I spent most of the time in the warmer car listening to Radio 4 and the Archers. It was then back home to Sara's homemade "homeopathic" lentil soup, a glass of wine and to write up this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment