Friday, December 02, 2011

Off to Grimsby


It would have been my Grandfather’s 112th birthday today and so I hoisted the Norfolk flag in his memory.  A hectic morning as I was driving up to Grimsby this afternoon and seemed to have 101 things I needed to do before setting off.  Sara had to go over to Amesbury to deliver some Vie products and and I started the process of getting everything together to pack.  Sara was back by 10 a.m. and I went over to West Dean to support Sophie’s mulled wine and mince pie morning at the church.  She had a small number of supporters but not the numbers which I think she would like.  Back home I finished the packing and Sara completed the Christmas present wrapping.  I left home at around 3 p.m. and picked Tom up at his school at 3.20 p.m. and we started the 260 miles journey up to Grimsby.  We made really good time as the traffic was very kind to us.  Despite stopping for nearly an hour at Leicester Forest East services on the M1 we arrived in Grimsby at 9 p.m.  We drove via Newark and Lincoln and were able to sample the new improved A46 link between Leicester and Newark.  Tom helped me to unload all the presents and luggage before going to bed quite early at 10 p.m.  I sat and chatted with Mum until about 11.30 p.m. when I too went to bed.  I was briefly to Sara on the telephone – she has been appearing in the Pantomime again tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment