Friday, December 30, 2011

Saints lose at home for the first time in 2011

A relatively lazy day today.   I spent the morning doing some Complex work with a phone call with a client in the morning.  I went into Salisbury briefly to let PC World have a look at Mary's laptop as the sound had stopped working.  We discovered that the sound driver (whatever that is) needed re-installing which their "technogeeks" did for me.  I also bought a DAB radio for our kitchen which means that, at last, we will be able to have a clear broadcast of sports fixtures from Radio 5 Live.  This afternoon I got out the Canon SLR camera I had received as a retirement gift from FP and investigated how to operate it.  I was astounded with the results and look forward to using it to take some really high quality photographs during 2012.  Tonight Tom and I journeyed into Southampton to see top of the league Saints take on fourth from bottom Bristol City.  If we won tonight then Southampton FC would have a unbeaten record at home during the whole of the calendar year of 2011.  Bristol City were to prove to be this season's bogie team - beating us 0-1.  Having also beaten us at Ashton Gate they became the only team to do the double over us and despite their humble position in the table they have gained six points from us.  Tonight we hold on to the top position by a thread - a win by either West Ham or Middlesbrough tomorrow will see us tied at the top spot.  Tom and I left feeling very dejected - we simply are no longer used to seeing Saints lose at home.  We will have to see what tomorrow's games bring.  Back home I consoled myself with a glass of Marston's Pedigree light ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment