Thursday, June 06, 2013

Afternoon at the Rose Bowl

Instead of my early morning stroll I started work in the garden at 7 a.m. shifting the old fence panels (Geoff has put in new fence panels between our property and our neighbour’s over the last couple of days) and chopped down foliage off my nice mown lawn down to the bottom of the garden and built up a bonfire.  I will let this dry out a bit (if this weather holds) and burn it up at night-time when it is of no nuisance to anyone. This afternoon, Richard and I spent a few hours watching cricket at the Rose Bowl (we saw Hampshire finish their first innings on 455 all out and watched Kent put on 118 runs for the loss of 2 wickets before we left – they ended the day on 149 for 4). A very pleasant way to spend an afternoon and we shall be repeating this next Thursday with Sara’s father when Hampshire take on Gloucestershire.  Tonight, I felt rather tired and I seem to be losing my voice.  We had House Group this evening when we discussed healing ministries in the context of Mark’s Gospel.  I had to get others to lead prayers and read the extracts as my voice is certainly on the verge of giving up.  Not sure what has caused this but it is very frustrating.  Perhaps I have been talking too much recently!  Almost impossible to talk on the telephone at present.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment