Friday, June 07, 2013

Almost a day at the Grasmere House Hotel


Up early this morning but no morning stroll as I had to be at the Grasmere House Hotel at 7.30 a.m. for the Ambassadors’ Breakfast Club’s Annual General Meeting.  This meant that I didn’t have to give a one minute elevator speech which is as well as I have completely lost my voice – and very frustrating that is too!  Every time I try to speak I just seem to squeak!  During the course of the meeting the heavens opened and the rain started to pour down.  After four days of lovely hot sunny weather this was quite a shock – so pleased that I wasn’t out on my morning stroll today!  Following the meeting I stayed on and worked in the coffee lounge – completing and updating this blog which was over a week behind.  Gave me a great feeling of fulfilment to know that I was up to date again!   On the way back to Winterslow I called in at the Boundary Coffee Shop in Alderbury and met up with some of the Alderbury and Whaddon parishioners who were delighted to see me and anxious to know when I would be back in their neck of the woods to preach and lead.  I told them that I would be in Whaddon for Evensong on the 23rd. Once back in Winterslow I called in on Sara at the Lord Nelson and had a soft drink before returning home to upload the blog and deal with other work and correspondence.  Tonight saw me back at the Grasmere House Hotel (same room too as this morning) for a legal seminar for parish councillors on rights of way, common land/village greens and possessory title – took me back to my land law days at law school. We also had a talk by John Glen MP on the new local government localism legislation. All interesting stuff.  The continued loss of my voice precluded me from asking many questions although I did manage to squeak one!  I was accompanied by Simon, the Chairman of the Parish Council and on our return to Winterslow we walked together to the Lion’s Head for a few beers. As Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Parish Council it is important that we work well together.  I am sure that we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment