Saturday, June 08, 2013

Tending my own Greens

My voice seems to have returned a bit this morning although it is very croaky and I can’t talk for long before it gets very uncomfortable.  Went for my morning stroll this morning – up to the water tower and back via Coopers Farm – about 1.5 miles – so not very strenuous.  I spent much of the day in the garden – weeding and mowing all three lawns to keep them closely cropped. This year, for the first time I can ever remember, I didn’t go to the School Fete on the Recreation Ground – it was also the first time ever that neither of our children are at the village school. Sara went with Mary and Thom and said that it was very well attended.  I had good intentions of writing my intercessions for tomorrow but didn’t do so until late tonight.  It has been very hot again today and I can feel that I have caught the son. Felt very tired as I wrote my intercessions so will have to review them again in the morning. Hampshire and Kent ended up drawing their cricket match – with Hampshire only two wickets short of winning when time ran out for them.  Yesterday’s rain cannot have helped and was, I think, unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment