Friday, May 18, 2012

Christian Aid Collection

I was up early this morning and attended my first meeting of the Ambassadors' Breakfast Club for well over a month - in fact, I have not been to a meeting since before I went off to Minehead on the 29th March to undertake stewarding duties at Spring Harvest.  It was good to see old faces and do a bit of networking for Complex Services which is pretty quiet, workwise, at the moment.  After the meeting I briefly called in at Tesco's and Staples for some essential shopping, before attending the Alderbury Coffee Morning at their Boundary Coffee Shop and meeting and chatting to some of the church members.  It was good to meet up with Alan, Jenny and Bill who had all attended my service a couple of weeks ago and to learn of the work Alan and Jenny have been doing with the Crossroads Organisation in Hong Kong - some really good and important mission work involving the marrying up of surplus reserves in the West to the needs of the Third World as well as educating corporate organisations in some of the terrible problems affecting refugees and poverty sufferers.  I called in briefly to see Sara at the Lord Nelson where she was working this lunchtime.  After a chat with some of the regulars and a drink of lime and soda I returned home to sort out some paperwork and deal with some Complex issues.  This evening I collected the Christian Aid envelopes from Stone Close which I had delivered on Monday.  This year I seemed to collect quite a bit of money which I delivered to Jill.  Sara and I watched the action thriller film, Taken, with Liam Neeson, before going to bed.  This weekend I am on a residential weekend course at Sarum College for my LLM training and will be staying overnight at the college. This means that I will miss the opportunity to see the Championship final between Blackpool and West Ham to see who will join reading and Southampton in the Premier League next year. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment