Thursday, May 17, 2012

A long hike

Our "day off" today and so Sara and I decided to go for a long walk this morning.  I worked until 10.30 p.m. and then Sara and I set out to walk to the hamlet of Buckholt and back (a total of six miles).  It was a lovely leisurely walk and we enjoyed trying to recognise different trees and birds along the way.  We started off quite fresh and brightly but Sara found it a bit of struggle as we walked the last mile back and it was probably a bit of an ambitious hike for her.  I must confess that I felt a little tired myself in the afternoon and tonight, at House Group, there were five of us and Sara started to nod off in front of the wood fire which I had made. It wasn't helped by some heavy scriptural text from Paul's Letter to the Romans.  I would like to walk along the Clarendon Way into Salisbury soon - a total of 8 miles - and the walk to Buckholt was a good trial run for such an outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment