Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Tale of Two Rectories and Four Rectors!

A really hectic day today with back to back engagements and little time to draw breath.  Immediately after breakfast I drove over to Whaddon to attend Mid-week Eucharist followed by a Team Ministry Meeting at Alderbury Rectory which lasted until 1 p.m.  It was then a dash home for a quickly snatched lunch whilst dealing with some phone calls from clients (including a potentially new client) and ACAS on one of my existing cases, before dashing off again to pick up MM-J and our Team Rector, Nils, for a meeting at Porton Rectory of the Deanery Synod Standing Committee at which two further Team Rectors were present - Frank and Vanda.  I was appointed, this afternoon, to join Frank and Peter (Team Vicar of the Bourne Valley Team) to help put together the Deanery Strategic Plan's section on Mission and Outreach - subjects very dear to my heart and something which will work well for my portfolio on Mission as part of my Oxford Brookes University Foundation Degree.  I look forward to working with them on something really tangible.  I had a hurried tea (Sara had made some banana muffins) before driving the 33 miles to Seend, between Devizes and Trowbridge, for my fifth tutorial on Mission for the Degree.  My tutor was the fourth team Rector of the day - this time Savernake Team!  Meetings with four different Team Rectors in one day!  Tomorrow I have another meeting with Nils - my monthly training assessment.  Tom took another GCSE examination today - Drama, where he had to recite and act out a monologue from a play.  It seems to have gone well by all accounts.  Back home this evening just before 11 p.m.  Must try and get a good night's sleep as the heat last night made me wake up at 2 a.m. and spend an hour downstairs watching the TV.  I spoke to mum this evening whilst driving over to Seend and I have arranged to go up to Lincolnshire for a couple of days in two weeks' time after I have led and preached at my next service at Farley.

No comments:

Post a Comment