Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Into the Wild West (or a brief visit to Somerset!)

Still grappling with this new "improved" blog dashboard.  After a long break of one month, the owners of this site have made changes to how you navigate your way around it when composing or updating the blog.  no doubt, after a while, I'll get used to it and be competent in using it.  For the time being my readers will have to accept that a few errors may creep in - what's new, you ask?  Well, now I have an excuse!  Another day today proving that retirement does not mean sitting back and doing nothing.  We were all up early this morning as Sara was helping Tom, at 6 a.m. revise for his biology and RE GCSE exams.  He seemed to go off in reasonably high and confident spirits; but has done little RE revision as he feels most confident in that subject.  After breakfast I drove over to Somerset (Frome) to deliver the Complex Services books of account to my accountant there.  This year, there is quite some substance as there was quite a lot of work undertaken during 2011 - so some more tax to pay no doubt.  After my brief visit to Frome I drove the six miles or so to Westbury for a meeting with my fellow theology student, Ashley, where I spent two hours helping him put together his essay for the last module - I've already submitted mine and had it marked so I had a good idea of what was wanted.  Leaving Westbury I stopped off in Warminster to undertake a couple of errands before returning home via Salisbury.  I have to confess to having a bit of a lazy afternoon watching a couple of hours TV before returning to the study to work.  Tonight I am attending a meeting to discuss the village Faith Walks and Pub Theology after which I have to drive over to Stockbridge to pick up tom at 11 p.m. from a school's visit to a theatre in Newbury to see "Of Mice and Men".  Where retirement triumphs over working for my previous FTSE 100 company is that I am now working for myself, studying for role I really feel called to do and am in more control of my life.  From speaking to a former colleague working in Salisbury, things are very much different now from the old company I worked for. Not that the Church of England doesn't have its challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment