Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stumped!

Much cooler today with some cloud cover but still very warm.  At 8 a.m. this morning two workmen arrived to grind out the stumps of our erstwhile hedge at the front and also tidied up the front and cut down the stump of our old cherry blossom tree.  We can now adorn the stump with a plant pot or something.  Sara took her car for its MOT today which, thankfully, was not as expensive an exercise as we had feared - nevertheless with the cost of the hedge works and the car quite a bit of money was spent today.  I drove into Andover to get the money for the workmen and deposited the cheque I had forgotten to take with me to Warminster yesterday. I was only away for just over an hour.  I worked on some Complex papers this afternoon and listened to the end of yesterday's radio play. and also mowed the back lawn.  A visit this evening to the dreaded WeightWatchers revealed that, much to my surprise, I had lost 2lbs.  Need to work on that to get back to where I had been before I started to slide.  I know that I will feel much better for it.  all the poor weather we had and the increased amount of work I have was a recipe for disaster.   Still warm this evening as I write up this blog but with a very clear sky.  Received a good reaction for Sunday's sermon from the Rector who has now read it.  Church meetings nearly all day tomorrow.  Hopefully an early night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment