Monday, May 28, 2012

Toasted Teacakes in Westbury

The weather continues its hot dry spell.  Always difficult to get up when its hot but today I had to be up and away to drive over to Westbury to go through my Formation Weekend notes with my fellow student, Ashley, who could not make the weekend.  We sat in his back garden drinking coffee and eating teacakes going through all the notes which I had made at Sarum College.  We both must now turn those into portfolios for the University Degree course.  I left Ashley at around 1 p.m. and drove over to Warminster to put some cheques into the bank but discovered that I had left one cheque behind.  I was back home for about 2.45 p.m. having missed the final 15 minutes or so of the afternoon play, "Cry for Me" on radio 4 which told the story of two Argentine conscripts at Goose Green during the Falklands War.  Fortunately I'll be able to catch up on BBC iPlayer tomorrow.  Interesting perspective to the war and it really did get across the terrible conditions and how ill-equipped the Argentine army was in facing the crack British forces.  Tonight Sara did a Jamie at Home Party at a neighbours and I mowed the bank and front lawn.  I spent most of the evening working in the study as,  this afternoon, I watched the final overs of the Second Test Match which England won by nine wickets against the Windies.    

No comments:

Post a Comment