Sunday, May 20, 2012

Second day of LLM Formation Weekend

I woke up in my Sarum College room (The Sherborne Suite!)  quite early this morning and wrote up my blog from yesterday.  I read a few pages from Krish Kandiah’s book – Destiny – What’s Life all about? ” as well as a few pieces of scripture from today’s lectionary.  Breakfast was a little more than the simple continental meal we had been promised – it included some excellent grilled smoked bacon and scrambled eggs with herbs.  After breakfast we spent the first two hours of the morning in the Cavell Room discussing tone, rhythm and rhyme in church services with some practical examples of reading out notices and the Collects.  Following coffee and biscuits we attended a Eucharist in the College Chapel without service sheets or hymn books.  This challenged us into conducting and participating in a service from memory rather than reading it.  We all did quite well except for the hymns and ended up singing the first verse many times.   After an excellent Sunday lunch of roast beef and/or roast pork and vegetables (no potatoes as the potato supplier had not delivered) I finally drove home arriving back in Winterslow at 2.30 p.m.  Sara had gone off to the New Forest to pick up Tom and his colleagues on the Duke of Edinburgh Award getting herself thoroughly lost in the process – the pick-up point was a car park for which only a gird reference had been given. A cheque from the Deanery Synod was awaiting me which I will put towards the cost of my ministerial robes which I feel I must now order and get used to wearing.  Sara will have to help me measure up for them.  I called in on Mike M-J and David C and gave Mike a receipt for the cheque.  I passed a pleasant half hour with him and Caroline over a glass of white wine.  Tonight, Richard, James and I spent a pleasant three hours in the Lion’s Head.  No early night tonight.  Sara stayed up watching Desperate Housewives (yes it’s still on!) until after 1 a.m.  Off to Champney’s tomorrow – great!

No comments:

Post a Comment