Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Voices from the Past

Hopefully, I am now back on track (again!) with my daily posts.  The weather was actually dry and warm this morning (after a cold icy night) and Sara and I decided to go for a two-mile walk up to the water tower via Cooper's Farm and back via East Winterslow and Mill Lane. A pleasant stroll with time to talk and reflect - good for physical and mental health.  This afternoon I did some studying for my tutorial tonight in Devizes.  We are currently looking at Mission in God's World within the historical context of the Catholic and Orthodox churches and tonight we looked at The Reformation and where the Church of England's mission stands - protestant or catholic.  Fascinating stuff and I am actually looking forward to writing up an essay on the topic.  My journey to Devizes was uneventful and I seem to know that road so well now.  In going to my tutorial, I missed a Parochial Church Council meeting which didn't leave me too tearful!  I received an email tonight from my old solicitor friend in Belfast, Shaun, telling me that some of my old colleagues from Friends had been over there.  I felt quite envious as I always enjoyed my trips to Province and seeing Shaun.   Sara and I must arrange a trip over there again soon - to meet up with Shaun and have a look around the new Titanic Quarter.  Work is reasonably quiet at the moment as I seem to be waiting upon clients.  sara and I have our "day off" tomorrow and hope to do some more walking if the weather is kind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment