Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chaplaincy Training



I was up early again this morning to take Thom to Stockbridge.  We encountered some heavy lorries again on the journey - especially a refuse lorry negotiating the narrow Warren.  We still arrived early and I was able to stop off and get a paper and rolls once more.  Back home I enjoyed a bacon butty before setting off for St. Francis's Church Hall in Salisbury to attend the last of my half-day training course on being a chaplain.  Today we undertook some exercises in listening and using Kolb's Cycle - all very familiar as much of the course has already been covered in my University module on pastoral care.  The course ended with lunch at 1.30 pm. when I had quite an interesting talk with an ordained minister in the UCCAW - the United Church of Christ Apostolic Worldwide or something similar. This appears to be a biblically based church and bases its apostolic succession through St. Thomas and describes itself as being equally apostolic as the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches - something roman Catholics would find difficult as they believe they are the only true apostolic church - through St. Peter.  As I said, a very interesting discussion on ecclesiology and theology.  I was back home at 3 p.m. and after a quick cup of tea with Sara, Sara was off to Salisbury to pick up Mary and take her to gymnastics and I set off for Stockbridge to pick up Thom.  I did, however, manage to have a telephone conversation with Mum this afternoon (she is full of pain and finding life hard) and also repaired the snicket on the side gate - which has been irritating us all for a while.  Tonight I had a bath and I am writing up this blog before going to bed.  I am hoping a few earlier nights will revive me as I do feel tired by the end of the day.  My emotions are running high at the moment as I near my ministerial licensing.  I am certainly looking forward to my retreat day on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment