Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Taking my bike for a walk!

Sara went off to chair her Ladies Who Latte this morning in Salisbury. Following the exercise in the hospital gym yesterday, I decided to get out my bike, pump up the tyres and go for a spin in Bentley Wood.  As I rode along Witt Road I met up with Klynn and Susan taking their dog, Otis, for a walk to  Bentley Wood. I joined them and as they took their dog for a walk, I took my bike for one!  We walked quite some distance and chatted about how I saw my ministry developing and how the Baptist Church was anxious to do more outreach and ecumenical events.  Our chat ended up over coffee in their kitchen.  I arrived home at 11.00 am much later than I anticipated and well behind on my timetable to deal with mountains of paperwork. This evening I attended a meeting of Stonehenge Chapter where Bryant from Devon gave an excellent talk on the Prophecy of Jeremiah and the history of the Babylonian Exile. This was followed by an excellent dinner of poached salmon and watercress sauce followed by profiteroles and ice cream and cheese and biscuits. There were quite a number of people there who had been present at my installation at Devizes on Friday and I received more words of congratulation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment