Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Feeling Sleepy

I was up reasonably early this morning although I hadn't slept particularly well because of the heat.  Mary was up early, quite surprisingly, and was ready for her first day back at school in a new year (Year 8). Sara did her usual stint at Morning Star and I decided to miss going to Mid-Week Eucharist at Whaddon and went straight on to Elizabeth's in Alderbury for a meeting of the Clarendon Ministry Team. Our meeting lasted for an hour and a half and we mainly spoke about what we had been doing over the summer break and dealt with a few issue surrounding the Team's strategic plan as well as some housekeeping issues.  Following the meeting I went shopping in Matalan for some shirts and pants and also called in at Sarum College to return some library books and take out a couple by tom Wright for use in my sermon writing for Sunday - still not sure when I'll get around to writing that as I am out every evening now for the rest of the week. I also called in at the farm shop near Tesco for some peaches and nectarines.  Finally, I visited Waitrose's coffee shop for a free coffee and a yum yum and to top up the car with fuel - I now have a strict policy of never letting it drop below half a tank - that way I always know I have plenty of fuel in the car.  The car temperature gauge showed 27 degrees Celsius this afternoon.  I had a short nap when I got back home to make up for my lack of sleep last night.  Afterwards, I put some beef burgers (home made) on the BBQ for the family and afterward went for a nice long bike ride into Bentley Wood and eventually came out on Weston Lane - a five miles trip. Tonight I decided to blitz updating my blog and writing up the service for Sunday at West Grimstead. This will be my last service before being licensed. All subsequent services will see me wearing my ministerial  scarf.  Feeling a little apprehensive about it all today and really wondering where my ministry will lead me.  I am still reflecting upon the quite intense discussion I had with Klynn yesterday.  Will probably sleep in the family room tonight where it is a bit cooler and after I have worked on Sunday's service.

No comments:

Post a Comment