Monday, September 02, 2013

Knees Up!

Another busy day today with the sun shining and the temperature very hot.  I did a shorter stint at Alabare Place today - just from 11 am until 12.30 p.m. although I did get into conversation with quite a number of  service users who are getting used to seeing me around and who now often pick up on earlier conversations which we have had - all very rewarding. I had to leave early because I had a hospital appointment up at Salisbury District Hospital's physiotherapy department where I joined an osteoarthritis class which consisted of a short lecture about the condition itself and then some time using the gym equipment - all quite gentle exercise.  I realised that my knee condition is quite mild compared to others and I was able to use the equipment quite easily. I must get back on my bike if the weather gets cooler.  I have missed my rides into Bentley Wood this year. Tonight I attended quite a long meeting of the Winterslow Parish Council looking at three planning applications which we agreed to support and made a decision to go ahead with the installation of a Jubilee Clock at the Village Hall.  Finally got home at 10.30 p.m. for a gin and tonic before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment