Thursday, November 21, 2013

Carberry in the First Ashes Test

A day mainly at home today.  Sara took Thom to the Wallops for his bus and then spent the morning first with her niece at the gym and afterwards at work at Fugglestone Red.  I popped over to "Truffles" for a coffee and to read my devotionals, but spent most of my hour there chatting to David M, the Baptist deacon. I spent some time this afternoon on Complex work for a couple of clients and began to write up the service for Sunday - Christ the King.  I managed to find an excellent website with special resources for this celebration and once the hymns and reading were sorted out I was able to populate my service template.  I just now need to write the intercessions and my sermon.  I picked up Thom from the Wallops this evening and made a large wood fire - the weather is beginning to turn bitterly cold. We had a full large house group this evening - seven of us - and we watched the first introductory video for the Alpha Course with Nicky Gumbel.  I think that the warm atmosphere with the fire had dried out our brains a bit as no one had a great deal to say afterwards.  I watched the first hour's play of the first Ashes Test match from Brisbane tonight.  England managed to bowl Australia out for 295 with the last two wickets falling in the first few overs of play.  Hampshire's Carberry ran out the last wicket.  England started to bat well and when I went to bed England were 28 for no loss with Carberry and Cook batting steadily.  Australia looked to be in a weak position.

No comments:

Post a Comment