Saturday, November 23, 2013

Men's Annual Breakfast

Up early this morning.  I made another attempt to try and find Comet Ison but without success as the weather was cloudy.  I went across to the village Hall for the annual Men's Breakfast where I was met by my guest, Richard B from Guildford - a close friend of Klynn's.  We had a very good breakfast (there were about 30 men present) and a good speaker in the form of Peter Poulter, a former Moderator of the Methodist Church who talked to us about rural church ministry - particularly in North Yorkshire and the north East of England.  Very interesting leaving us, who do rural ministry, with much food for thought. After the meeting (at which I am convinced I left my fleece) Richard came back and we spent a couple of hours in family room going through his employment issues.  Sara left to go to an pick up Mary and do some shopping in Salisbury and Richard B and I went to the Lord Nelson for lunch, watch the Rugby Union World cup semi-final between England and New Zealand (which England lost by two points) and to have a general chat.  Richard B left for Guildford about 2.30 p.m. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching the sports channel and this evening writing my sermon for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment