Friday, November 29, 2013

Working at Alabare

How quickly the week has flown - Friday already!   At first I thought that it was Ambassadors' breakfast this morning but realising that it was the fifth Friday in a month could relax.  I cooked myself an egg and bacon breakfast to ease my disappointment!  I did a long stint at Alabare this morning - 11.25 am until 2.45 pm - and met a new volunteer.  I wrote up a suggested liturgy for the Christmas Carol Service and sent it to the manager of the Centre who is currently on holiday.  After picking up some contact lenses for Sara, I drove to the Wallops to pick up Thom.  his bus was very late this evening and I had to sit in the car for nearly half an hour waiting for it to arrive.  This evening I went around to Klynn's - ostensibly to be interviewed for the Winterslow Advent Calendar but after a bottle of red wine and a couple of glasses of single malt whisky between us, decided that we had better do it another day! We had a very interesting chat about many different things and it was good to catch up.  I really miss his company but our paths cross so infrequently these days. Signs that Comet ISON (or at least parts of it survived the encounter with the Sun) have been greatly exaggerated and for all intents and purposes, ISON is no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment