Saturday, November 30, 2013

Meeting friends in Chichester

I may have missed having an  English breakfast at Ambassadors' yesterday morning, but I certainly didn't miss two bacon butties, coffee and orange juice at St. Paul's this morning.  I decided to join their Men's Bacon, Butties and Bible group today as a means of enjoying some bible study from another group to my own house group and to meet some of the men who attend St. Paul's.  I was made to feel extremely welcome and the study was well put together and presented.  I was pleased to be able to contribute something and was thanked for doing so.  Of particular interest was meeting Chirs Reynard again.  I knew him when I lived in Brighton and he had then become the chaplain at Salisbury General Hospital for about ten years.  He did come and preach to us once at Winterslow.  He has a connection with Alderbury and we had a really useful chat.  He is running a scheme similar to Morning Star down in Dorset and I would be interested in learning more.  I was very impressed with the group who hope I will join them again in January.  Southampton were not playing this afternoon and we all drove over to Chichester as a family to meet the children's godparents, Paul and Sian Russell and their son, Simon.  We spent a pleasant lunchtime and afternoon at the Chichester Harvester catching up.  This evening Sara and I watched the first episode of Channel 5's new series "The Bible" and afterwards the rather different "I'm a Celebrity  Get me Out of Here". Eventually went to bed well after midnight (just like last night!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment