Monday, November 25, 2013

Justification for War? An Ethical Problem

Sara took Thom to the Wallops this morning but I got up early all the same.  Each morning I have been hoping to get a glimpse of Comet Ison but without any luck - either it is cloudy or the Sun's rays are too bright.  It certainly doesn't seem to be visible with the naked eye.  I had hoped for a day at home today until it was time to go off to college this evening, but as Thom had forgotten to take in his West Dean assignment I had to drive into Winchester to take it to him at college.  I used the opportunity to do a bit of Christmas shopping in Aldi's on Stockbridge Road.  This afternoon I worked in the study until it was time to pick up Thom from the Wallops. Tonight I attended the penultimate tutorial on my Christian Ethics Course - the most interesting so far - the ethics surrounding a "just war".  Enjoyed a cup of decaffeinated coffee with Sara before going to bed.  A really cold and frosty night.  hopefully I might get a glimpse of Comet Ison tomorrow morning! I received a text this evening from my cousin Elaine in Grimsby that my Aunt Ivy, her mother, had been taken extremely ill with lung and bone cancers and is in St. Andrew's Hospice in Grimsby.  I sent a message back with my thoughts and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment