Thursday, November 28, 2013

Comet ISON breaks up

The days seem to fly by so quickly and I think it isn't helped by the fact the daylight hours are so short - no longer is the sun up than darkness descends again and this never helps my moods - I think I must be a SAD person. Apparently this also affects my cousin, Lynne, and I think Thom, so we must have a Barratt SAD gene somewhere.  I spent the morning in Amesbury having coffee at Costa with John A. We discussed his impending second degree ceremony and had a really enjoyable chat.  After he left me I had another coffee and read some more of Rick Warren's book. I tried to have a quick look around Amesbury Abbey after coffee but was very disappointed indeed to find it locked.  Having visited most of England's cathedrals I want to visit as many abbeys as possible.  I think that it is really unfortunate that our places of worship are closed - I wonder what Archbishop Justin thinks about it.  This afternoon I did a little work (Thursdays is generally my day off) and started to put together Sunday's service.  I am finding the evening's lectionary readings quite difficult and made those the subject of our house group this evening. Duncan is also having to preach on Sunday so the exercise was helpful for both of us.  A pleasant evening around the log fire grappling with Isaiah and Matthew.  I would really like to see the group grow so that it can split into two.  So good to have two house groups going in Winterslow if possible. Went to bed after midnight again although I did have the good intentions of going earlier.  A disappointing end to the day with the break-up of Comet ISON as it entered the Sun's corona.  It seems that it has been largely destroyed and so will not be gracing our skies around Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment