Sunday, December 01, 2013

Another great win for the Panthers

A bit of a lie in this morning.  Thom was up early to do his paper round but Mary was dead to the world.  Sara and I went to St. Paul's on our own this morning and were treated to another excellent talk from Brian Meardon who also officiated at the Eucharist. Sara introduced me to some of her leaders on the Alpha Course and we stayed behind for a quick coffee before going to Waitrose for some essential shopping.  This afternoon I returned to Klynn's for the interview for the Advent Calendar.  Lunch consisted of the pizzas bought at Waitrose and this afternoon I finalised the service and sermon for tonight's Evensong at Whiteparish.  I watched the first half of the Chelsea v Southampton game and when I left for Whiteparish, at half time, Saints were one goal up after a 13 seconds strike from Rodriguez!  There were seven members of the congregation for tonight's service but they seemed to get something from the service and my sermon and were very warm and welcoming.  It was a cold dark December's evening and I was not entirely surprised that so few had decided to venture out for Evensong in a fairly cold church.  Back home, I watched the Tampa Bay v. Carolina football game which Carolina Panthers won comfortably.  They seem to be on  a role.  It was lovely to sit down in a warm room with Thom and have a glass of Budweiser beer whilst watching some American football.  Carolina's wins (6-27) helped to sweeten the bitter pill of Southampton 3-1 defeat at the hands of Chelsea. I went to be quite early but watched "I'm a Celebrity" and read some more of Rick Warren's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment