Friday, December 27, 2013

Back to normal - Sort Of!

I have just realised this morning that this is the 1601st post on this blogsite - how time has flown!  Back to work today with a visit to the Drop-In Centre on chaplain duties.  Really very quiet today with left-over turkey ham made into a pie for the service users (and staff - myself included) with mashed potatoes, carrots and Brussels spouts.  That at least sorted out my lunch for me.  Whilst in Salisbury I also tried to sort out Thom's new phone - registering it on my Sure Signal box but will need to ring their customer care line direct from my mobile. I also visited two banks to put Thom's paper round tips in his account and also some money into my own.  This afternoon was spent at home working through some ideas and research for my sermon on Sunday - I am preaching at the Team Eucharist service in Alderbury.  Tonight Sara and I went to an evening drinks and canapé pary at Klynn and Susan's.  It was a beautifully clear night and I ended up explaining to a variety of other guests what stars could be seen - and in particular, and surprising them, by telling them that the brightest object they could see was Jupiter - high up in the constellation of Gemini.  We stayed until about 11 p.m. when we walked back by torchlight.  A lovely evening and much enjoyed by all, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment