Saturday, December 28, 2013

Playing with Credit

A colder day today.  The main object of today was to complete my sermon for tomorrow morning and I spent some time in the morning in getting something down on paper.  I also strolled down to St. John's Church to see if there were any Parish Magazines there yet but couldn't find any.  I called in on Klynn and Susan and gave Klynn our tickets for the Saints v. Chelsea game on New Years Day.  We had a long chat over coffee and chocolate mints.  This evening, after having re-read and made some alterations to my sermon, we played a new board game which I had bought for Christmas Day which didn't get played.  It is an American form of Monopoly called Charge Large but more complicated as it allows people to purchase properties and companies on credit.  Quite a good game to help the children understand the need to be cautious with credit. I went to bed quite early this evening reading my Rick Warren book.  Up early tomorrow to take Thom to the shop to help sort out the Sunday papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment