Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Sara finishes the Alpha Course

I took Thom to the Wallops this morning returning for breakfast.  This morning I attended a Staff team meeting at Pitton and this afternoon worked at home with Sara picking Thom u from the Wallops.  Tonight I attended the Winterslow PCC meeting at St. John's when Peter Ostli-East came to facilitate a discussion on Mission in the Church as understood by the parish and by the Deanery. I found his presentation very sound and following many of my own ideas especially after having studied the topic and completed a University portfolio on it.  It is encouraging to feel that much of the theology and practice which I have learned have been translated into ideas which can be used.  It was a very long meeting and I didn't get home until 10.15 p.m.  In fact, Sara had arrived back home just ahead of me from her last session on the Alpha Course at St. Paul's.  They have been so impressed by her devotion and interest in the Course that they have now asked her to consider becoming one of their Assistant Leaders for the next course they are doing.  She is also enthused so much as to be signing up for their next more advanced course - Christianity Explored - on which I may probably join her.  I am already picking up some fresh ideas for our House Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment