Sunday, December 08, 2013

King(s) of the Jungle

Another early start to the day but feeling quite unwell with a heavy cold and not looking forward to the long journey up to Grimsby today.  Thom had a double paper round to do today and I was up, showering and packing for the journey.  Sara ironed me a few shirts and completed the wrapping of the Christmas presents to take up.  Unfortunately by the time we had finished all the tasks it was nearly 10.30 a.m. and Sara and Mary were too late to go off to St. Paul's as originally planned.  I quickly cleaned the car and packed it up before leaving at around 10.45 a.m. for the 250 miles journey up to Humberside.  I had a really great journey without any delays.  The only ones I had were of my own making - stopping at Tesco in Andover for a couple of items and fuel and at Morrisons in Grimsby for some flowers for Mum.  I made a couple of phone calls before arriving at my mother's at around 4 p.m.  In actual travelling time the journey took around four and a half hours - a really good time and a relatively easy journey.  A relaxing evening watching reality TV - Dancing, X-Celebrity and Jungle.  The former two I only glanced at as I was reading the local newspaper and doing the puzzles in it.  I was interested to see who would win Jungle and was not at all surprised that it was Kian.  He and David Emmanuel both deserved the honour and two nicer members of the original twelve couldn't really be found.  Had a relatively early night tonight going to bed at 11 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment