Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Strange Day

A strange day today and quite untypical.  It started off normally with me taking Thom to Nether Wallop arriving only 3 minutes before the bus arrived to whisk him and his fellow students away to Winchester.  Instead of coming back home as normal I drove on to Amesbury for a meeting with new clients from Surrey who had been introduced to me by my HR contact in Devon - hence the decision to meet halfway between the tow on the A303 at the Holiday Inn at Solstice Park.  I arrived well before the clients and had a cup of coffee and a bacon butty from the bar.  Pam, my HR consultant arrived just before 9 a.m. and we then had a 3 hour meeting to discuss the client's issues and agreed an action plan.  I returned home for a light lunch of tomato soup and whilst I was eating this Peter and Steve turned up to repair our hall ceiling - by removing the artex, repairing the water damaged part and finally (tomorrow) plastering the smoothed surface. I worked on completely the Night Sky article for the Parish Magazine and started writing up the minutes of the last lodge meeting.  Mary came home with her arm in a sling - apparently she had fallen awkwardly on her arm at school and so Sara had to take her to Salisbury Hospital for another x-ray (she has only sprained it thankfully).  Richard came round this evening and we watched the England v. Poland qualifying match for next year's World Cup.  England won 2-0 and thereby have now qualified for the finals in Brazil next summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment