Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Apologies - Big Occasion

Big apologies to all my regular readers of this blog.  Since the last post on Sunday 22nd September I've had an amazing and emotional week with so much happening in my life - a significant wedding anniversary, a significant birthday and my admission and licensing as a Lay Minister in the Church of England by the Bishop of Salisbury on Saturday 28th September not to mention my first ever attendance at an American Football game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 29th September when Minnesota Vikings took on the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I still don't understand the game but it was a great fun day out and something very special for Thom. 

A really special thank you for all those who attended the Cathedral on the 28th.  Photographs of the occasion can be found on the Salisbury Diocesan website at : http://www.salisbury.anglican.org/news/lay-ministers-2013
with a link to more photographs including some of Sara, Thom and Mary.  The service was spectacular with many of my favourite hymns and very emotional indeed. I felt the strong presence of the Holy Spirit as I went forward to take my oath and be admitted by the Bishop.  what an amazing privilege it is to serve God as one of his ministers and what an awesome responsibility.  I have had much time to reflect on all this and will write at greater length when time permits.

God Bless you all

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment