Saturday, October 12, 2013

Another defeat for Grimsby Town

A bit of a lie in this morning - Thom did his paper round quite early and was soon back.  A fairly leisurely morning with me finalising the Harvest Festival service for Farley which I am taking tomorrow morning. This afternoon Thom and I went to Salisbury City's football ground, the Raymac Stadium, to watch them take on my home club, Grimsby Town and we stood in the away end.  The first half of the game saw Grimsby as very much the dominant force but a goal from Salisbury in the 47th minute (2 minutes into the second half) sealed a win for the newly promoted Conference side and resulted in an ignominious defeat for the not so Mighty Mariners!  Poor old Thom - he has been to dozens of Grimsby Town's matches and only ever seen them win once! I enjoyed a quiet evening in this evening which I spent most of in the family room watching some transport videos.   I know tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment