Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Irish Rarebit/Mary at A & E

An early start today - up at 6.30 a.m.  I think it better for me to get up early and go to bed earlier as I am definitely a "morning person".  I took Thom to Nether Wallop so that he could catch the 7.25 a.m. bus for Winchester.  The weather is definitely turning autumnal now with heavy dew and a chill in the air.  We are getting to that time of year that I hate - long, cold, damp nights but this year, hopefully, the nights will be graced by the presence of a bright comet from November.  After coming home I had another cup of tea before attending Morning Office with Nils (which I led this morning).  I find that this sets me up well for the day.  A bacon roll for breakfast when I returned and then Sara went off to the gym picking up our niece, Natasha, on the way.  I drove over to Westbury for lunch (Welsh Rarebit or perhaps it was Irish Rarebit as it had lots of eggs in it) and to discuss our assignments and projects for the coming weeks.  I returned to Winterslow via Warminster where I picked up some more cartridges for our printers. Mary came home from school and quickly went out again to her friend's house, Izzy, where she decided to demonstrate some new gymnastic moves and thereby sprained the ligaments in her neck (a form of whiplash).  Sara had to miss her Alpha course this evening at St. Paul's and instead spent three hours up at Salisbury District Hospital with Mary in their A & E Department.  It wasn't serious enough to warrant a Masonic Teddy for Loving Care but I lent her one when she came home.  Thom and I watched a couple of disaster documentaries before I shut myself away in the study for a couple of hours to tackle some of the emails and paperwork on my desk.  I made much progress and so will go to bed tonight reasonably early feeling that I have achieved something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment