Thursday, October 24, 2013

Holiday Preparations

A day at home apart from a short trip to Nether Wallop to pick up Thom from the Winchester bus at 5.30 p.m.  Spent the morning doing some gardening - picking up the numerous apples which have fallen off the tree and picking others to store in the garage.  They are the best crop I can ever remember from our tree and have grown to become green and rosy red and very sweet and crisp - a joy to eat. It will be fun to dip into the garage and help ourselves from our own grown apples.  I also tidied up the lawn and, hopefully, gave it its last cut of the year.  After yesterday's torrential rain the weather has been much milder and drier today.  Sara spent most of the day ironing and I went into the loft to get the various suitcases for our trip across the Atlantic. This evening we started the task of choosing clothes and putting them into the suitcases.  I checked the hotel and flights and cannot check in until tomorrow. A violent storm is predicted at the weekend - described in the Daily express as the worst storm in 26 years.  As a precaution I have dismantled the flag pole and it can remain in that condition until we return.  Klynn came around this evening and has taken our season tickets for the Fulham game.  So glad that somebody is using them as I hate to think of them sitting on my book shelf untouched when somebody could enjoy a Premier League match.  The house is in quite a mess this evening but hopefully all the necessary paperwork on my desk will be in some order by the end of tomorrow.  A response to a settlement letter which was due today was not forthcoming and so it seems that I shall have an Employment Tribunal to handle on my return.  At least the fees will defray the cost of our expensive holiday.  Really looking forward to a few days away from the law, the church and general domesticity - and also the English damp weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment