Monday, October 14, 2013

Salt of the Earth

Sara was up early this morning and took Thom to Nether Wallop  to go and pick him up from Winchester at lunchtime - he only being at college for half a day.  This morning I drove into Salisbury to pick up some papers post to me from clients which had been sent recorded delivery and which couldn't be delivered on Saturday because both Sara and I had been out.  I parked in St. Paul's church yard, picked up the paper and then walked over to SP2 (St. Paul's 2 - Community Centre and Coffee Shop) where I had a really lovely cappuccino and spent an hour reading through the file of papers.  I then drove straight to Winchester arriving ten minutes before Thom needed to be picked up. We had a lunch of fish and chips (al fresco) and talked about the recent family events which it would be inappropriate for me to record here.  Sara spent some time dealing with family matters in Salisbury today and after working in the study this afternoon attended Sarum College this evening for the fifth session in my module on Christian Ethics. Sara and the children came into the college before the beginning of my session to bring me up to date with things and for a general natter.  Mary had a cervix cancer preventative jab at school today and is feeling quite poorly.  Apparently she fainted - she is definitely my daughter as my father, me, Thom and now Mary all suffer from fainting in medical situations.  A good session tonight with Stella and Rachel. We discussed what is meant by "Justice" and then went on to discuss the effects of globalisation.  If I didn't learn any theology tonight I did learn that all the little salt sachets used by McDonalds all over the world are made in an industrial unit in Salisbury! Wow!  So when we put salt on our chips in Nassau, Bahamas, the little sachet came all the way from Salisbury.  Mind boggling.  When I got home tonight Mary was really feeling sorry for herself with her arm still hurting from the jab and asked me to spend some time with her before going to sleep.  I think the issue with the other family has affected her and she wants reassurance that all is well in our family unit.   Sara has been an angel as always - I am so lucky to have her. Salt of the earth!  Tonight ended with a Skype session with Sara's Dad and Andrea in America and we brought them up to date with everything.  I finished the day writing up this blog for the weekend as I simply had not had an opportunity to do this before.    

No comments:

Post a Comment