Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Tale of Four Cities

Another fully packed day today.  I volunteered to take Thom all the way into Winchester today as I had important business in Southampton and then a meeting with a client for lunch in Chichester.  Four cities in one day, as Sara and I were also due to attend our next Encountering Christianity course at St. Paul's in Salisbury in the evening.  I dropped Thom off at Peter Symons back entrance in Bereweeke Road at about 9 am and then drove down the M3 to Southampton (second city) to visit Staples and buy some paper and other stationery items.  After doing this I treated myself to a cup of coffee in nearby McDonald's (I am not keen on Starbucks for a variety of reasons) and dealt with some emails on my new iPad Mini (what a wonderful invention that is!). I called in at Southampton FC ticket office and managed to get two tickets (for myself and Thom) in the Kingsland Stand towards the Northam End - exactly where Thom wanted to be - for the 4th Round FA Cup tie with Yeovil Town.  Hopefully this should be an easy win for the Saints but we'll likely get a tough team in the Fifth Round.  I then went on to Chichester (third city) for a meeting with a client at The Barn, Harvester on the Worthing side of the city.  We met for a good three hours, had an excellent and good-value meal and I left at 3.30 p.m. having many of the issues resolved which had been causing me some concerns.  I picked Thom up back in Winchester spot on time at 4.40 p.m. and back home by 5.15 p.m.  Tonight Sara and I braved more wet weather to attend the Encountering Christianity course St. Paul's.  It's fairly lightweight compared to my theological training at Sarum College but a pleasant evening all the same.  Sara baked giant cookies for us all which went down well - even if they took quite a long time for us each to consume.  I went to bed tonight at 10.45 p.m. and read some more from my book about the growth of Chinese churches.  Fascinating testimonies contained in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment