Friday, January 31, 2014

Goodbye Poirot

Thom didn't have to be at Peter Symonds College until much later this morning and so I took him to the Wallops for the 9.15 a.m. bus.  Sara was working today and I went into Alabare's head office at Riverside House to see one or two people and to use the chaplaincy facilities before going on to Alabare Place where I was on chaplaincy duty from 11.30 a.n. until 3 p.m.  Although we were not all that busy today, surprisingly so as it was, yet again, pouring with rain, the time did seem to pass quickly as I spent some time with two new service clients.  Sara called in briefly to deliver some some from Morning Star which Mary gratefully received.  I finally left at 3 p.m. and briefly went into the shopping centre to enquire about a lead to connect my iPad with the TV.  Because I was uncertain of the lead type and the cost of the ones shown to me, I declined to take the matter any further.   The one great thing about today, though, was that it does appear (97% certain) that my employment law case has settled.  It will be wonderful if that is really the case.  Monday should see the final agreement reached.  Tonight Sara, I and Mary watched the final Poirot episode (I was the only one who had not seen it before) and a documentary on an expedition to try and locate Amelia Earhart's plane to confirm the theory that she ended up marooned on an island in the Pacific.  We also watched the transfer window close with Southampton not buying any new players but releasing two - Osvaldo (to Juventus) and Puncheon (to Crystal Palace).   All in all, though, and apart from the terrible rain (yet again!), a satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment