Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Drains

Not an exciting day today but  an unusual one.  Sara took Thom to catch his bus and I cooked Mary some waffles and maple syrup for her breakfast.  I had a bath this morning and read my devotionals.  Sara went off to do her stint at Morning Star and I met with the new Wiltshire Council representative for works with the Parish Clerk and a number of other parish councillors as well as the police.  We are concerned about the narrow road at Church Hollow and the driving of buses along that stretch as reported by local inhabitants.  We also went on a short walkabout to inspect the drainage gullies to be horrified to find most of them block with the silt, leaves and general muck which has been carried down by the excessive rainwater.  This has led to water being unable to drain away with consequential flooding in The Common.  After our meeting I had coffee with David Marke and some of his friends before returning home to deal with emails and other correspondence. I also had an hour's Skype conference with a client.  I also settled a pleading for another client at short notice.  Sara has been working today and picked up Mary from school to take her to gymnastics where she was delight to have successfully executed an "aerial" - which is basically a handstand without touching the floor.  She really does have a natural gift here.  Tonight I wrote up my journal and I am now bang up to date.  Tomorrow I need to sync. my personal diary with the family one.  I had intended doing it tonight but my eyes are beginning to hurt with all this computer use today.

No comments:

Post a Comment