Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bibles, Butties and Banter

A busy Saturday which started with me attending the Bible and Bacon Butties study group at St. Paul's Church.  It was good to meet up with some familiar faces and, in particular, with somebody who had moved down from Yorkshire who knew the church in which I was first married - St. Felix's, Felixkirk, Thirsk. We also discovered that we knew some common acquaintances from my days at Imperial Foods when I had responsibility for Buxted Poultry's legal affairs. I found the fellowship excellent although the biblical teaching a little basic - I guess that results from my more in depth theological studies at college. We finished at around 10.30 a.m. and I drove back home ready to take Thom and myself off to Southampton for the fourth round cup tie against Yeovil which Saints won 2-0, although it wasn't the easiest of wins and Yeovil did put on a spirited performance.  We were seated low down in the Kingsland Stand where the wind seems to whip around the stadium.  In fact we were sitting immediately behind Ivan's two children and their partners and friends and we briefly exchanged a smile and a wave.  Back home to a nice warm house after quite a bitterly cold afternoon. This evening we had dinner with our friends Klynn and Susan.  Klynn cooked a wonderful T-bone steak with wild mushrooms and spices - a Tuscan recipe.  We had an absolutely delightful night and didn't actually get back home until nearly 1 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment