Thursday, January 23, 2014

Looking up a train that doesn't stop!

A bit of a frustrating day today.  following the sudden changes to my day yesterday I promised myself that I would be focussed and get through the "have to do's" today.  In fact I did get quite a lot done including paying the maintenance fee on our timeshare apartment in the Bahamas, paying other bills, some lodge secretarial work, some Complex work and some accounts.  My day was quite frustrated by having to spend the first hour trying to find the times of train which "did not stop" at Dean Station where Thom is filming his murder mystery for his media studies A-level. It is quite easy to find the times of trains that do stop from the Internet but in order to find trains that pass through it was necessary for me to download all 3,669 pages of the National Rail timetable in PDF format.  Now at least I do have the times of trains for the whole of Great Britain until May 2014!  I broke this morning's study by a walk to the village shop to pick up bread and milk and biscuits for tonight's House Group meeting but otherwise was hard at my laptop most of the day.  We had four people for our House Group this evening and we followed the bible study which we did at West Dean last night.  It made for a very interesting couple of hours without me having to do much work by wy of preparation.  Sara was extremely tired tonight and went to bed fairly early.  I stayed up until midnight watching "Amish Mafia" which, although not the real documentary it purports to be, is nevertheless entraining viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment