Monday, January 20, 2014

Bleary Eyed!

I was up last night watching the 49ers v. Panthers championship game from Seattle which resulted in a narrow win for Seattle - who will now go through to the Super Bowl.  As a result I didn't get to bed until 3.30 a.m. and was woken up by Sara's alarm at 6 a.m. - 2.5 hours sleep.  As a result of this stupidity on my part I found it hard to get up, yet I didn't want to lie in bed either!  In fact I had a bath and read some of the book I bough tin London on Saturday - "The Coming of the Chinese Church" by Paul Golf and Pastor Lee.  Having read Brother Yun's "The Heavenly Man" I have a fascination for what is happening in China and the massive growth of Christianity there - now some 100,000,000 Christian converts.  The book is quite difficult to put down.  Sara went to work much later this morning and I stayed at home and dealt with a load of emails.  I also enjoyed working out some of the functions on my new iPad - something which is going to be a great asset in business - so many functions available in one instrument.  I have to confess watching some daytime TV and catching up on a couple of recorded programmes too.  I picked Thom up from Stockbridge and cooked tea for the two of us - fish fingers etc. as Sara and Mary didn't arrive home from Salisbury until 7 p.m.  It is now just gone 8 p.m. as I write this and I think I shall actually go to bed by 9 a.m. Tomorrow I shall take Thom into Winchester and then I shall make a couple of calls in Southampton before going on to Chichester for a meeting with a client. This will mean I'll miss the Deanery Synod's Standing Committee.  Not sure I will be too upset by that!  I seem to be going to endless meetings at the moment and a few less wouldn't do me any harm!

No comments:

Post a Comment