Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lying

A busy day in the office today trying to settle a case which would free me up considerably to complete my assignments. I felt very refreshed this morning and ready to take on any tasks thrown at me - the important thing being to schedule my time properly and sort out all my various engagements and invites in my diary.  I also took up to All Saints Church some letters of grateful thanks from a number of charities that the church has supported over last year.  Much f my time was also taken up with endless phone calls in an attempt to settle my case.  Unfortunately, whilst agreement seems to have been reached I was unable to communicate it to ACAS in time before they closed.  Hopefully we can finalise it tomorrow.  It will be a great relief to know that I haven't got to spend a considerable amount of potential study time during February in preparing for a trial in March.  Talking f trials, it was announced today that Amanda Knox has been found guilty, a second time, of the murder of Meredith Kercher.  Whilst she can appeal it will be interesting to see if steps will be taken to extradite her from Seattle, USA.  Tonight we had a really good House Group meeting using Adrian Plass's book "Bible Blind Spots" to look at whether lying was an absolute sin and in particular that piece in scripture (John 7:2-10) where Jesus tells the disciples he is going to stay at home and then, after they have gone, slips out to join the festival of the Tabernacles in Jerusalem.  The question we looked at was if lying is a sin how can Jesus lie t his disciples.  Some interesting and thought provoking discussions ensued.  We shall continue the theme of bible blind spots next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment