Wednesday, January 22, 2014

An inpromptu visit to the dentist

A bit of an unusual day today.  Sara took Thom to the Wallops to catch his bus this morning and later went on to Morning Star to prepare sandwiches for the Banquet Run.  I drove over to Whaddon for the Mid-Week Eucharist service which was taken by Nils and very well attended.  Nils spoke about anger after we heard the gospel reading from Matthew of how Jesus had become angry at the Pharisees failure to understand that healing was a good thing to do on a Sabbath.  After chatting with Gordon and Bill, and specifically mentioning to Bill the book I was reading about the growth of the Christian Church in China, I went on the  Staff Team Meeting at the Alderbury Vicarage.  I had to leave the meeting before it finished because I received a call from Sara that Thom was experiencing terrible toothache and asking me to take him to the dentists as soon as possible.  By the time I got home an appointment had been made for him and I went and Sara went and picked him up with me taking him into the dentist's so that Sara was free to pick up Mary.  I parked my car at Alabare and Thom had his teeth looked at by a new relief dentist who diagnosed that some serious dental work was required and we booked him in for his first set of treatment in mid-February.  We called in at Waitrose on the way home and bought mouthwash and some new electric toothbrush heads for him to use.  Tonight, Andrew the curate picked me up and I joined him and three others at Brownie's in West Dean for a bible study group on John's Gospel.  Andrew was as engaging as ever and we had a really enjoyable and fruitful evening.  Sara decided not to join us on this occasion as we do seem to be out a lot in the evening just lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment