Monday, January 27, 2014

The monkey did it at Dean Station

I had planned a quiet day at home today dealing with some Complex work.  However, Thom wanted to do some more filming at West Dean Parish Church this afternoon whilst the light was still good, so to ensure he was back from Peter Symonds College at a good time, I agreed to drive into Winchester and pick him up. As I had some backing to do and, I confess, wanted to buy myself a onesie from Primark (in the guise of a monkey complete with tail!), I drove into Winchester a couple of hours earlier to bank some cheques and do some shopping.  I enjoyed wandering around Winchester for a short while and then returned to the car park to pick up Thom.  We drove to West Dean through Hursley, Romsey and Whiteparish arriving just before 3 p.m. and were greeted by Richard who was playing the detective in the scene.  We wanted to just film outside of the church but found the church door open and Alan and Jane inside who showed us around the works being done to install new heating.  It will be a much cosier church once that is done and hopefully make the church more versatile in the uses it can be put to.  It was good to see Alan again as he hasn't been at many of the services there I have recently conducted. The filming done, we returned home for a short while before we set off back to West Dean again with Paul H to re-film Friday's scene.  Unfortunately, Thom has realised that there was a fine focus on the camera lens and so wanted to do it all again.  The trains were more timely in arriving, the weather was drier and it all seemed to go much better. It was, however, bitterly cold and I was thrilled to be back inside an could put on my monkey onesie - very cosy.  A fairly early night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment