Sunday, January 19, 2014

Action!

Well this will be a bit of a shock after such a long gap. Sara told me today that she was completing her journal and I felt really guilty that I hadn't penned anything here for such a long time - then I discovered she was trying to catch up with some entries in September!  Didn't make me feel quite so bad.

Life has been really busy and this horrible wet, cold and dark weather has made me feel really dreadful.  Following our return from Marrakech my feet have hardly touched the floor.  I have led and preached at three services - so I have written three sermons and on top of that legal work has taken off quite considerably with both Sara and I bringing in new clients who need attention.  I have had trips to Guildford and London but generally haven't travelled very far.  We have experienced tremendous rain and flooding but, fortunately, as Winterslow is high up on a hill, we've been very lucky.   
 
As well as my legal and ministerial duties, I need to complete my portfolio on ethics and have two assignments still to write as I post this.  I am hoping for a "sabbatical" from ministerial duties in February to catch up on all my written work as well as having time to prepare for an employment tribunal in March. 
 
My mother is as well as can be expected and, hopefully, her spirits will rise once we get over this awful weather.  I attended an excellent Men's Ministry Day at St. Barnabas's Church, Kensington, London on Saturday 18th January 2014 with a group of men from St. Paul's.  It was a good opportunity to meet with other members of that church as well as listen to some excellent speakers - notably Ken Costa, Tim Cross and Carl Beech.  Very inspirational.
 
On Sunday 19th, I preached at the Winterslow Baptist Church for the first time and really enjoyed it - a much longer sermon than normal - 35 minutes! They seemed to be happy with it.  The following afternoon was spent at West Dean Church filming Thom's murder mystery with help from some extras from the congregation and the watchful eye of Mike, a former BBC cameraman  whom I have met from St. Paul's.  We spent three hours filming endless takes.  That evening I went to St, Paul's and Mike and I joined Richard for a very quiet drink in the Lion's Head. 
 
So, this is a quick catch-up to Sunday 19th January. Hoping that things will get under better control but such a lot of work, this weather and having felt tired has meant that I have not done all the things I promised to do in my New Year's Resolution.    

No comments:

Post a Comment